Monday, November 28, 2005

Last Evening's Diversion: Pride and Prejudice (Joe Wright - 2005)


I must say I rather liked this moving picture. It was wonderfully diverting. I and my fellow cinema-goers enjoyed the general splendor and the period-correct dialog. The gentleman seated in the row in front of us made quite a noise during a short scene in which a sow walks by a doorway. It was most uncouth.

If you allow yourself the honor of viewing this film, you shall not be remiss. I myself have never read the novel, nor any other of Ms. Austen's works, and I truly enjoyed the story.

Ms. Knightley, playing the second eldest Miss Bennet, positively shined in her role. The sets and costumes were superb, as were all of the ribbons.

Would you care to take a turn around the room?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?